Fully Virtual Outpatient Services
ICS insourcing can deliver a CQC registered, fully virtual service that is flexible and accessible to both primary and secondary care organisations. The service is designed to:
- Provide a capacity solution to ‘decompress’ current pressures across elective care pathways
- Develop and operate, in partnership with ‘new’ Primary Care organisations (e.g. PCN’s) and existing Acute Hospital Services
- Increase patient access by being appropriately rooted in primary care while providing seamless, timely access to specialist input
- Adopt a virtual by default approach to clinical pathway redesign with the appropriate number of community clinics to support face-to-face consultations, diagnostics and outpatient procedures
The Service Model
Our team of experienced consultants will triage GP referrals and risk stratify patients to ensure those with the highest clinical risk factors are prioritised. The service is underpinned by:
- Enhanced Advice and Guidance including access to the ICAN
- Referral Assessment Service (community triaging)
- Onward referral to hospital
- Training, development and mentorship for GP’s and other primary care clinicians
Both models below are supported by the appropriate number of face-to-face clinics to facilitate physical examination and diagnostic testing as appropriate
The community provider model
Within this model, ICS consultants manage the entire patient pathway from referral through to discharge.
The redesigned services once commissioned by the CCG will be available as a referral option for GPs via eRS or patients via Choose & Book.
The model includes:
The model includes timely access to community and acute diagnostic services and onward referral routes to secondary and tertiary care services.
The secondary care delivery partner model
Within this model, ICS consultants support acute trust clinicians in the management of delegated cohorts of patients at specific points along a patient’s pathway. This may be first or follow-up consultations with or without diagnostic support from ICS Insourcing. Crucially, the patient remains under the care of the trust's consultant.
These referrals have already been accepted by a local trust and ICS Insourcing supports the trust with additional clinical capacity to reduce patient waiting times.